Tuesday, December 06, 2005

CONTEST: And the correct answer is...



Homemade Shrikhand!

Saffron gives the shrikhand the yellowish colour and I added some pistachios and elaichi as well.

For those of you who haven't heard of this deliciously creamy and sweet Indian dessert, stay tuned for a simple recipe to make shrikhand at home.

Congratulations to Sandeep, Faffer and Sandhya for winning the first three prizes for guessing the correct answer. Please send your mailing addresses to lools@hotmail.com . Once I've determined how far away from New York you live, I'll announce your prizes accordingly.

A special mention to Indira for linking to this contest from her beautifully designed Indian Food Blog called Mahanandi and all of you for providing me lots of amusement through the comments :)

Did you enjoy this contest? Was it annoying? Did I make you guys wait too long before giving away your answer? Please take a second to give me your feedback. Thanks!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had fun, Lulu. I went crazy with my answers, didn't I?

Congrats to the winners and to you for hosting this fun guessing game.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Mamatha said...

That was a lot of fun, Lulu. And I win to boot! Yippeee!!!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this was a tough one to judge lulu but it was real fun, reading the comments. And congrats to the winners. :( sad i missed it.
priya,ar

9:35 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

so nice to see it was fun for folks! i'll post pictures of the small prizes soon...

9:37 PM  
Blogger gs said...

so near and yet so far away.i almost guessed that it was shrikand but then i knew you probabaly didn't know how to make it and it couldn't be something so plain jane.i then decided to pull out 'guacamole' out of my hat.mashed avocadoes can also look yellow!

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I won! I won! I won! Thanks a lot Lulu. I loved the idea! It was lot of fun. And God knows how long i stared at the screen to guess what it was :-)
-Sandhya

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that i was sure what it was :-)
-Sandhya

11:45 PM  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Lulu - I too knew one of my answers were correct. Unfortunately I was late in getting that you :-) I missed the prize, ufh ho. No consolation prizes huh! Lol! Thoroughly enjoyed!

Congrats to the early birds and winners.

3:46 AM  
Blogger lulu said...

wow! i'm amazed at the huge appetite for prizes amongst ya'll...

all i can say is to keep reading..many more surprises in store at this blog :)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Sandhya said...

Hey Lulu, it's the appetite for winning(human nature :-)) and not for the prizes exactly. I cannot speak for others, but you won't believe how happy i am to win this. It made me feel like a food expert(that's the title i want most in life..hehehe).

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home