Saturday, August 14, 2004

Roasted veggies with goat cheese


Fresh produce from the farmer's market
Originally uploaded by lools.

I went to the Farmer's Market in Union Sqaure today. As I approached the market from Broadway I could smell the refreshing aromas of fresh herbs and veggies. I bought a whole lot of vegetables like eggplant, peppers, zucchini etc and greens like arugula and spinach. And then I found the tastiest goat cheese I've ever had so I decided to browse through all my cookbooks and find a recipe to use these ingredients.

I found a very easy recipe for roasted vegeatbles with goat cheese from Food Everday from the kitchens of Martha Stewart.

Serves 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes

Preheat oven to 425 F. In a large bowl, toss vegetables (1 eggplant, 2 peppers, 1 red onion, 2 zucchini) with olive oil; season generously with coarse salt and ground pepper. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, roast, turning vegetables halfway through, until tender and browned, about 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.

In a bowl, whisk together 1 tablesppon olive oil and 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Add roasted vegetables and 1 to 2 bunches arugula, stems trimmed; toss well. Serve sprinkled with 1 cup crumbled goat cheese.

Yummmm.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home