Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Blakcberry Cabarnet Sorbet and Vanilla Icecream with Fresh Berries



I'm not really into making desserts at home. Somehow they intimidate me. And H gets really mad when I make high-calorie dishes because he finds it hard to resist them!

But last week when we had a few some of our friends over for dinner, I whipped up a dessert which was really easy and low in calories. I was totally surprised that my impromptu combination of ingredients turned out to be such a bit hit!

I like to use a nice red wine glass for building these kind of desserts - I learnt this trick from watching too many Rachel Ray shows :) I then add a few scoops of Ciao Bella blackberry cabernet sorbet and a few scoops of vanilla icecream. Top with blackberries and raspberries. And drizzle a few drops of cointreau. The tartness of the sorbet pairs beautifully with the creaminess and sweetness of the vanilla icecream. The fresh berries add a burst of juice and the cointreau's contribution is a nice orangey high note. Yum-o!

Ciao Bella sorbet is available in over 30 different flavours and their gelato is available in over 40 different flavours so one can really go wild with combos! I love sorbets and my favourites are the Blood Orange, Passion Fruit and Mango.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandhya said...

Hey Lulu, my favorite, s-i-m-p-l-e(that's the biggest priority for me) low-cal dessert of all times is this: One small cup of frozen blue berries,black berries and rasp berries(from Costco)-thawed for 10 minutes, one small cup flavored yogurt(strawberry, raspberry and blueberry flavors being my favorites) and a drizzle of orange juice. Yummy! And i can indulge in bigger portions of it too.My family calls it 'The Baby Stuff' :-)

11:39 PM  
Blogger GourmayMasala said...

Hey Lulu,

Just the picture is enough to make my mouth water.. *drool* *drool*

Nice and easy does the trick. I like the wine glass presentation too.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Hey lulu u've inspired me to wake up this morning and make some strawberry frozen yogurt! ciao love xoxo <3 M

8:03 AM  
Blogger lulu said...

i'm still a cereal and milk kinda gal in the mornings but i've heard that yogurt gives you lots of energy. i'll try fresh berries and yogurt one of these days..

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home