Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Simple sushi at Choshi



Originally uploaded by lools.

When I need to get my weekly sushi fix, I head straight to Choshi, just a block away from my workplace in Gramercy/Flatiron. There are many, many places you can get sushi in Manhattan but I like Choshi so much because it's unpretentious and very reliable.

The decor is simple - the thatched walls and wooden tables, as though inside a hut, creates a homely feel. When I go alone, I sit by the sushi bar and watch in awe as the Japanese chefs delicately slice sashimi and make the rolls. They also have outdoor seating which is great during summer.

Choshi's menu is diverse and you can find almost anything and more you'd expect to find at a sushi joint. I love the veggie lunch platter (assorted combo of rolls) which comes with miso soup and a salad. If I'm ravenous, I'll order the veggie gyoza as an appetizer as well. It's definitely the best gyoza I've had on the East Coast. Sometimes at dinner, I treat myself to lychees and ice cream for dessert ;)

77 Irving Place (at 19th Street)
212 420 1419


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lulu, hope you work out a lot, seems like you are in restaurants all the time... pretty enviable, if i might say so.

Figman

5:08 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

I try to workout every day but I have to say that it's hard to saty motivated!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home