Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Kate's Paperie in SoHo


kate
Originally uploaded by lools.

Have you noticed how insignificant an actual gift becomes when it is exquisitely wrapped? Presentation pays! Maybe I'm a branding nut, but I firmly believe that packaging makes all the difference in the world. . .

I'm getting ready to leave for Bombay in the next couple of weeks. I've bought gifts for my family and friends but I want to pack each gift in a special way as well. So I went to Kate's Paperie in SoHo this weekend to buy some wrapping paper and ribbons for my unique creations.

Kate's is heaven for those who appreciate paper. You walk into the store and you're imemdiately blown away by the striking interiors and the beautiful assortment of products. They have more than 4000 papers from over 40 countries in the world. I found a striking red handmade paper with gold embossed elephant-shapes all over. Thanks to my sister, Maya, I've developed a fondness for elephants as well!

The shop is a visual delight and truly magical. What's more, they have so many unusual gifts and other thingamajigs that I always find something nifty every time I go. This time I found a lovely handmade card- making instruction kit which came with ten different types of paper and designs. I can't wait to surprise my friend with it!

Soho
561 Broadway
(between Prince and Spring Streets)
New York, NY 10012
212.941.9816

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home