Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The best street food in Sydney


Vegetable pie from Harry's Cafe De Wheels
Originally uploaded by lools.

One last thing about Sydney before I'm back to Manhattan - Harry's Cafe De Wheels. A true Australian icon, this unassuming roadside caravan in Sydney serving pies and peas has become an unbelievable celebrity and tourist attraction which also happens to remain perenially in fashion amongst the local Sydneysiders.

Apparently Pamela Anderson of Baywatch fame and I have one thing in common - we love the vegetarian pie at Harry's! I like mine with extra spicy chilli sauce served on a yummy vegetable pie topped with creamy mashed potatoes and peas. I thought that good old French Onion soup was soul food until I discovered Harry's veggie pie. Now if I could only find something this heart warming in Manhattan...

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Sherman said...

Hmm, perhaps there's a business for you?!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tuck Shop on 1st street has great veggie pies.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home