Friday, July 29, 2005

Figs with attitude!



Manhattan makes me do things I may not do elsewhere in the world. Nothing here is plain Jane. Somehow it does not fit with the vibe of the city. It seems so wrong not to infuse just a little bit of attitude in everything one does. So that's how I ended up experimenting with chunks of blue cheese on ripe and juicy figs for dessert. Surprisingly, I was quite pleased with the combo - the sharpness of the cheese was a nice pairing with the bursting sweetenss of a just-halved fig. Figs and blue cheese, a glass of Muscat, streaming music from a French radio station over iTunes, a novel that I'm just getting into and I'm all set for a mellow Friday night...

5 Comments:

Blogger gs said...

wow,that sounds terrific! an excellent way of relaxing.i have a tennis party tonight which i am skipping.gb has prepared a veg soup and pasta.hope there is some italian wine in the bar.and i must finish 'shantaram'.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Amy Sherman said...

That looks yummy, I think a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar, a thick syrupy one, would make it even more fancy.

1:14 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

I'll drizzle some aged balsamic vinegar next time - great suggestion, Amy. Thanks!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bizarre. just had brunch where at the last minute, picking up some scallions at the local grocer, I added some halved fresh figs.. one of my guests used the fig as a scoop to combine with a pierre robert brie. delicious right? -- a balsamic is not a bad idea at all.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a great fig tree in my backyard so this is a wonderful idea Im egar to try in about a month when their juicy and ready for picking. Thanks!

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home