Sunday, July 31, 2005

Vegetarian Caviar



Inspired by a blog post at 101 Coobooks, I made Beluga Lentil Crostinis. I'd never heard about these little beans and was very intrigued by Heidi's post. So I bought a can yesterday at the grocery store and used it in her innovative recipe.

Beluga beans are tiny black lentils that look like caviar though I can't compare the taste between the two since I have never tasted caviar. The beans were delicious when heaped on top of a crostini with a goat cheese and chive spread. I've read that they are a great addition to soups and salads. I'm going to experiemnt with different fresh herbs to see which ones really enhance the flavour of these little jewels. Let me know if you have a favourite recipe.

2 Comments:

Blogger gs said...

veg caviar! that looks very interesting and innovative.do let me know the final recipe lulu.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,

u know what, u can add these little tiny boiled beans in whisk youghart with chopped tamato, onion, green chilli along with chopped green corriandor on top of it.

Don't forget to add roasted jira & black pepper powder with little salt.

ENJOY!!!!!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home