Sunday, August 07, 2005

Mangiami



Eat me! I so love the name of this new, moderately-priced, Italian restaurant in the Lower East Side. Everything - from the deep red brick walls to the very Italian owner - is quite inviting, to say the least. Mangiami is the perfect spot for an intimate dinner with a close group of friends before heading to Kush or Le Souk for a big night out!

We dined at Mangiami last night and totally loved it. The mojitos were the best I've had thus far in Manhattan, the antipasti platter was just delicious (roasted eggplant, spicy roasted peppers, cheeses, olives, salami, grapes, crackers) and my risotto with truffle mushrooms was unbelievably divine. Some of my friends had the chicken stuffed with spinach and really liked it. The simple penne with tomato and fresh basil and the spaghetti alla carbonara were big hits with our group as well. The owner's passion for the restaurant really comes through when he prepares your drinks and serves your food. Lovely, lovely, lovely. I know I'll be heading to Mangiami everytime I'm in the mood for fresh food made from the finest ingredients.

9 Stanton St
Btwn Bowery & Christie St
212-477-7047

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home