Thursday, January 27, 2005

Zen Palate



I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of faux-meat but Zen Palate, a trendy vegetarian restaurant in Union Square, has won me over with its innovativeness with soy and wheat-gluten based dishes.

I love the fact that Zen Palate is an all vegetarian restaurant. Especially in Manhattan, seldom do devout vegetarians have the luxury of an entire menu to choose from. And the restaurant is even divided to suit your price point. When in the mood for a quiet and romantic evening or business meeting, you can choose the elegant dining room upstairs that has an upscale menu. For all other times, the casual dining room downstairs with its low-priced fare is just fine. A coveted seat at one of the sidewalk tables will allow you to people watching in one of the most exicting interesting neighbourhoods of the city, Union Square.

Some of my regular orders at Zen Palate are the Hot and Sour Soup and the steamed vegetable dumplings. Recently, I've discovered Sweet and Sour Sensation, a faux-meat entree served with brown rice, broccoli and yummy spring rolls. This dish is so good that it might even entice your non-vegetarian companions!

34 Union Square East
(at 14th Street)
212.614.9291

1 Comments:

Blogger rums said...

i am curious how faux-meat would taste. i remember my mom trying to pass off soya nuggets as meat when i was a kid and once in a while she did manage to fool me!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home