Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Chocolate covered strawberries




We had our first Book Club potluck get-together this evening at my place. My friend, Shivani, made the best chocolate-covered strawberries. She brought a whole tray of these dark chocolate, milk chocolate and almond and milk chocolate covered treats. The strawberries were unbelievably juicy which made biting in really fun. And the chocolate she used paired really well with the fruit. Shivani told us that she's tried many brands of chocolate but has found that Ghiradelli works best. Of course, it's from California :) Though this dessert is somewhat decadent, the fresh fruit flavour at the end makes you feel like you've just had a healthy snack!

3 Comments:

Blogger gs said...

did we not devour tonnes of strawberry chocolates after harsha's graduation ceremony last year accompanied by barrels of wine?.they were delectable.and did you all have wine too?

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I just happened to come across your blog when I was doing a search, and I noticed that you seem to be quite knowlegeable about interesting cuisine in NYC. I've been searching high and low for a Japanese (Sushi) restaurant in NY that has traditional floor seating and amazingly I can't seem to find one!

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for me. I'm hoping for a moderately priced restaurant. (I'm a college-student and expensive restaurants aren't quite in my budget) Perhaps if you can help me you'll email me at court1017@yahoo.com? Thanks :-) -Courtney

1:41 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

dad,
you have such an awesome memory. yes, we did indeed have those juicy chocolate covered strawberries and champagne at h's graduation.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home