Saturday, October 09, 2004

Fun with plums



Originally uploaded by lools.

At the Farmer's market today, I also bought a few pounds of fresh plums that I forgot to tell you about.

They're absolutely delicious on their own, but given the quantity I bought, I'll have to use them in various preparations all this week.

I typed "plum recipes" into Google and got a bunch of ideas. Here are some things I plan to do with my little plums:

Make pizza with a twist by broiling sliced plums, goat cheese, walnuts and sage on top of a whole wheat pita bread or pizza crust.

Poach plums in a red wine and serve with lemon zest.

Blend stewed plums and combine with yogurt and honey for wonderful cold soup.

Add plum slices to cold cereal.

Maybe make some plum jam if I have any leftover at this point!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Sherman said...

Try my plum cake recipe. It was a big hit at my house last week.

8:57 PM  
Blogger gs said...

i also bought a lot of plums last week from the bg shop.they were of the imported variety and so very very expensive.but the temptation was irresistable.after i get back to mumbai,i should try out the plum cake.
gs

12:39 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

well, dad, you'll have to replace our 25 year old oven before you trying any baking!!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home