Monday, May 16, 2005

Sunday morning run



I'm unexpectedly growing to love Manhattan. I never thought I would like living here but my friends knew better and everyone told me that I was gonna love Manhattan. I have to admit that they might have been right.

Slowly and surely, I'm getting addicted to the energy and vibe of the city. The urband grind - something I detested at first - is becoming the de facto pace of life now. I find myself thriving on the hectic pace, the stress, the constant need to be stimulated.

I went for a 3 mile run yesterday morning. I loved pounding the pavement from Chelsea to the West Village and back at 9:30 a.m. on a gorgeous Sunday morning. I'd never experienced the city so early on the weekend and it was truly an exhilirating experience. Running through Chelsea, I passed many adorable dogs being walked by their owners who were sipping Starbucks and carrying the New York Times Sunday edition in their hands. In the West Village, early bird tourists were waiting for the happening brunch places to open up. The air was crisp and full of excitement. I just loved being there when the city was just about to come alive.

Now that the summer is here, you'll be reading a lot more about my jaunts through the city in my favourite sneakers. Stay tuned!

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy Sherman said...

Great post! You really made me feel like I was there...

10:54 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

time to change the name of the blog i guess

1:10 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

you spoke my mind..stay tuned, justin! i think lulu's gonna love manhattan may be nearing the end of its course. ideas have begun to bubble in my fertile mind. . .

6:27 PM  
Blogger Amy Sherman said...

How about "Lulu loves Manhattan" ?

10:51 AM  
Blogger gs said...

i agree with amy.your blogname maybe needs a change."though lulu loves frisco,she loves manhattan more". too long?.take a shot.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home