Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Grilled eggplant and portobello strips

As if the 100 degrees weather this weekend was not hot enough, I decided to fire up my grill pan on Sunday. I had a big eggplant and a few portobellos hanging out in the fridge that I wanted to use before the week rolled around.

I cut up the vegetables in chunky strips and marinated them in some finely chopped garlic, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, loosely torn rosemary, some salt and pepper. After about thirty minutes, they were ready for the grill. Once the pan was well heated, about three minutes per side was all that was needed to have succulent eggplant and potobello strips that I placed on a bed of arugula before chowing down. If I hadn't been nursing a mega hangover, I might have washed down the grilled veggies with a glass of rose or a red wine sparkling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home