Saturday, September 03, 2005

Brown rice sushi rolls

I love vegetarian sushi rolls but white rice is such a no-no when trying not to pack on the pounds so I had given up sushi entirely. And then Shivani told me all about brown rice sushi and suggested that I try the veggie rolls at Whole Foods. Now I'm totally hooked and have it for lunch as often as possible. I love the nutty texture of the rice and it pairs exceptionally well with both crunchy vegetables like carrot and cucumber and the mushy ones like avocado. As far as I am aware, Whole Foods (Union Square) is the only place south of Chelsea where you can get brown rice sushi rolls.

4 Comments:

Blogger gs said...

lulu,i admire your capacity to experiment with veggy food.i have had sushy rolls during my visits to japan and i like them.though they were of the white rice variety.must try brown rice sushy rolls at the taj soon.

2:48 AM  
Blogger lulu said...

i've heard that the sushi (please note spelling, appa!) place at the taj is terribly expensive and not so great. do let me know if you try it!

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can also get brown rice sushi at any of the other Whole Foods- the Columbus Circle one has it. Lots more Japanese restaurants are making it too since everyone is so healthy conscious these days. Enjoy!
Shivani

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello me and my broyher have been working on so new brown rice sushi rolls at 110 east 23rd .We have been open for a month and could use another persons thoughts thanks ,

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home