Saturday, October 15, 2005

Goodies from Vancouver, British Columbia



I learnt about Blogging by Mail from Samantha of The Samantha Files whose blog I've been reading regularly since I met her at the C&Z event several months back in Manhattan. Blogging by Mail is a really fun concept. Hosting is a bit time-intensive since you have compile all the participants and organize the swap partners. The host decides the theme and will send you an email to let you know who to send the package to. As a participant, all it entails is sending a goodies package (food of course, given we're all food bloggers) to another blogger and then blogging about the one you receive!

I signed-up for Samantha's Blogging by Mail 2 event. For my part, I sent The Fabulous Cheese Babe some almond marzipan cookies and hazelnut raisin flute bread from my favourite local bakery, Le Pain Quotidien. Unfortunately, FedEx did not corporate. I feel really bad about that.

I received my goodies package a few days back from Linda of Kayak Soup from Vancouver, British Columbia. Thanks so much, Linda! It was such a plesant surprise to receive a package from so far away. The package got badly damaged in the mail but I was able to salvage the maple sugar cookies and plum jam that you bought from your favourite Farmer's Market and the strawberry bbq jam you made yourself. Another bottle of jam that you sent was completely smashed up and had bits of glass everywhere so I couldnt even taste it. Thank you for sending me these treats. It's so nice to taste your homemade strawberry bbq sauce. Being vegetarian, I'm not a big bbq person but I discovered that the sauce goes really well with the maple sugar cookies. The tang and bit of spice from the sauce nicely offsets the sugar blast. Thanks again!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OOOOOOH, I am so disappointed that it didn't survive :( The other thing was a strawberry and maple dessert sauce. And what a cool way to enjoy the BBQ sauce.
Did you get my little note too?

8:23 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

hi linda,
no worries at all, at least i got to taste the other yummy goodies. i did get your note but it got mixed up with the smashed bottle so i could not go back and refer to it. thanks again!! look forward to staying in touch through our blogs..

8:24 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Strawberry barbecue sauce? My goodness, that sounds excellent! Blogging by mail is so fun, a grown up version of penpals. LOVE IT!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home