Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Rocking Horse rocks!



Originally uploaded by lools.

I just got home from dinner at Rocking Horse, a moderately priced Mexican restaurant in the heart of Chelsea. You have to love bright orange walls and loud chatter to really enjoy this place. Those of you who know me know that that orange is my most favourite colour (but no more orange coloured gifts, please!) and that I'm not exactly the quietest person you'll ever meet, so you can imagine just how much I enjoyed the ambience.

Beware of the mounds of freshly fried tortilla chips that tempt you from the get-go. They're so yummy - especially when dipped in the spicy salsa - that you might be full even before you've had a chance to check out the menu. Slurp instead on a Rocking Horse margarita on the rocks with salt while your mood is elevated a few notches by the upbeat Latin tuunes.

The food's absolutely delicious though somewhat on the greasy side. I wasn't pleased with my sticky fingers from my wild mushroom quesadilla quarts though it was very flavourful and cheesy.

I couldn't believe when the host told me that Rocking Horse has been around for over 16 years. It feels as though it opened just last week!

182 Eighth Ave
Between 19th and 20th Sts.
212-463-9511

1 Comments:

Blogger gs said...

Rocking Horse also rolls!.It is one place I would love to go too.It is lunchtime here and I am just floating in the thought of having a margarita followed by the delicious quasidilla quarts.

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home