Saturday, September 10, 2005

Tennis in the Lower East Side


Today is such a gorgeous day. I was lucky to enjoy the beautiful day from as early as 7:30 am as I played tennis at the courts located by the East River at Delancey and Houston. Sangeet invited me to play with his friend Carol who secured the passes for all of us as she is a regular player.

My first time playing tennis in Manhatan was a total disaster. Not having picked up the racquet in over a year and a half, I was shocked to discover that my somewhat decent game has completely fallen apart. I couldn't hit a forehand at all and I was just about getting my backhand in. Needless to say, I was totally embarassed. I need to go hit a whole lot of balls before I sum up the courage to play with someone again.Shriraj (my regular tennis partner in California) and my Dad will be sad to read this.

The best part of the morning was being introduced to Carol, a fellow foodie, and getting dropped back home in her bright yellow Mini Cooper Convertible. Zipping around Manhattan in a convertible on a fabulous day quickly erased my memory of tennis. Thanks, Carol!

2 Comments:

Blogger gs said...

i am likely to suffer the same fate too.haven't played since 1st wk june.and the rains are not abating! but then,i think you should find a place where you can play once or twice a week.if carol can help,great.you have a booming bachhand.remember the doubles game that we played and won at bg.and a role model is already there.sania.

10:50 PM  
Blogger rums said...

hey lools, you might want to take a look at this, (http://www.brutalclarity.com/index.php/weblog/whats_your_name_worth/) if you haven't already. sanjoy sent me the link some time back and i'been meaning to send you...

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home