Friday, October 21, 2005

What's in season?



That's the question I asked myself today when finally in the mood to step into my kitchen again. It seems like ages since I cooked. This has truly been the week from hell. I was supposed to be in London from Wednesday onwards for business and flying to Mumbai on Sunday for a meeting next week but my trip was cancelled last minute on the day I was supposed to leave for London. And somehow I was even busier at the office this week though I was supposed to have been travelling! I had made elaborate plans to hook up with my Dad in Europe and was really distraught that I was going to miss seeing him. But luckily he was able to get a ticket at the last minute from London to New York and is visiting me this weekend. Woohoo!

I plan to wake up early and go to the Farmer's Market with my Dad tomorrow. I'm tempted by the butternut squash (from which I'll make a nice velvety soup), the figs (I love salad of arugula, figs and blue cheese) and the apples (maybe apple clafouti?) which seem to be in season. I found this picture on Food Network's site. Will report back manana with some nice pictures from Green Market, weather permitting. It's supposed to rain all weekend long :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Sherman said...

Hang in there!

12:58 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

Thanks, Amy! hope you are well..

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home