Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Tomatos and Basil



I rarely walk out of the grocery store without tomatoes in my bag. Since moving to New York, I've been addicted to fresh basil as well. And the combo of the two is just plain delicious.

I make bruschette on weekdays when I'm too tired to make anything more involved. I usually pick up some sourdough bread on my way home from work. I cut the bread into 1cm thick slices and grill on my grillpan that is sprayed lightly with olive oil. Meanwhile, I wash, core and squeeze out the seeds of a few tomatoes. I place them in a bowl, tear in the basil and the add a few glugs of extra virgin olive oil and some vinegar. I like to add sea salt and pepper as well but you don't have to if you like your tomatoes on the sweeter side. Once the bread is grilled, I rub with a cut garlic clove, heap some tomatoes and basil and dig in!

2 Comments:

Blogger gs said...

wow,that looks very tempting and easy to make.where is the apron,gb?

8:12 AM  
Blogger rums said...

sorry about crowding your comment space, i posted from sanjoy's login by mistake!!
just wanted to say that i absolutely love tomatoes and basil and i make this often. i love to eat this esp with jamie's onion soup:)

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home