Saturday, September 17, 2005

Sweet and Sour Sensation



I went to Zen Palate for lunch yesterday. This vegetarian's oasis is located at the heart of bustling Union Square but the atmosphere can be quite zen-like, especially if you sit upstairs. The food is new age Asian and wonderfully varied - from spring rolls and steamed vegetable buns to soy crepes and potato croquettes. I'm not used to having so much choice at restaurants so it's really hard to decide what to eat.

I've been to Zen Palate five times. My favourite dish thus far is the Sweet and Sour Sensation. Battered soy protein balls in a sweet and sour sauce are served on a bed of steamed broccoli with a few taro spring rolls plus brown and red rice. I love the different textures and flavours of this dish so much that it has found its way to my cravings hit list which includes the Watsonville burrito from Uncle Moe's, the chocolate milkshake from Shake Shack, the spicy lemon and coriander soup from Chinese Mirch, the guacamole at Dos Caminos and the queso fundido at Mesa Grill, to name a few.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *really* needed a picture of the Zen Palate Sweet and Sour Sensation to tempt a co-worker into eating with me today, and YOUR site saved the day.

Thanks!!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home