Friday, November 11, 2005

Absolut Icebar London



Talk about taking cool to an entirely different level. Literally. I had drinks at the Absolut Icebar London last night and it was absolutely amazing and quite inspirational. I drank a hot passion fruit vodka cocktail which sounded like the perfect drink to give me some relief from the minus five degrees centigrade temperature at the bar. I drank from a glass made entirely from ice brought to London from the Torne River in Jukkasjarvi, Sweden where the Icehotel is located. I had never heard of this architectural icon before and just couldn't believe that they build the hotel every year at the start of winter and it melts when summer comes around. The hotel has now been built and melted by nature fifteen times. Wow. My colleague and I spent about thirty minutes at Icebar mostly freezing our asses off (even though we were robed in capes before we entered). But we were totally in awe of the concept. Make sure you have reservations before you go and be prepared for a chillingly different experience. Cheers!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Yankee said...

I leave for London on Monday! You can follow my blog to London and Paris if you wish...

http://richardab.typepad.com/iheartlondon (11/14-19)

http://richardab.typepad.com/iheartparis (11/19-27)

7:14 PM  
Blogger gs said...

never heard of this before.it is a very innovative concept.must visit it during my next trip.

8:38 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

nice to hear from you, richard. look forward to reading about your stints in london and paris!

dad - you will love the icebar. you must check it out when you come to london next.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Nish said...

hey lulu,
maybe the idea is to lots of shots to keep u warm:)
cant wait to see u

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the icebar is being re-designed and re-opens on 24th March....I'm one of the lucky ones to see the new one and can simply say that it's amazingly beautifull!!! If you haven't seen it yet...shame shame shame!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home