Sunday, September 18, 2005

Vosges - Haut Chocolate



I discovered an exotic brand of chocolate today at Whole Foods called Vosges. I was tempted by the intriguing name and engaging graphics on the cover of the chocolate bar. Black Pearl promised a sensous dark chocolate experience with hints of ginger, wasabi and sesame seeds. I didn't taste it right away but waited for the right moment which promptly presented itself after a late afternoon snooze. Somehow, I always crave a sweet hit when I wake up from a nap on weekends. And Vosges hit my sweetspot perfeectly - from the first bite itself, I was sold. I'm not great with tasting notes so I will leave it to your imagination except to say that plain dark chocolate will never suffice once you've tried Vosges. Next up, I'm going to treat myself to the Oaxaca bar which has Oaxacan guajillo y pasilla chillies and Tanzanie bittersweet chocolate.

3 Comments:

Blogger rums said...

now this is something i won't mind you getting me some on your next trip home lools :)

8:20 AM  
Blogger lulu said...

i'll have to remember and bring you some, rums. i'm so in love with these chocolate bars...

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try the Naga Bar too... reminds me of some Indian mithai but can't nail which one it is. Has "sweet indian curry" and coconut.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home