Tuesday, March 15, 2005

ñ tapas bar



Originally uploaded by lools.

I'm always amazed at how much in-the-know Sonya Darling is about anything and everything in Manhattan. She's my one-stop shopping-eating-partying guide to the city. A Sonya-recommendation of anything never fails to disappoint and when she graces us with her company, so much the better!

Harsha, Shri and I watched Sideways at Union Square Stadium 14 yesterday afternoon. What a thoroughly enjoyable movie. I can't remember the last time I've laughed so much in a movie. Seriously, this movie is a helluva lot of fun. You've got to see it. And quite predictably, we were totally in the mood for some vino (Pinot Noir in particular) after the film except we didn't know which wine bar was close by. Sonya to the rescue and before we knew it, we were heading to a place called PUBLIC. Unfortunately, PUBLIC was closed that evening for a Christmas party (hello, aren't we almost in Spring??) so we ended up at Vig Bar next door. After Sonya joined us, we followed her to this other "awesome and totally worth the ten blocks in the freezing cold" tapas bar.

N (pronounced "enyeah" like the Spanish alphabet) is a small but very stylish tapas bar. The long and narrow space reminded me of Dalva in SF but it was much better lit, had lots of bar stool seating and served yummy food. Our bartender was a bloke from Melbourne who got into an interesting chat with me about his city's superiority compared to Sydney, which I had just visited a few weeks back.

The sangria was lovely as were the assorted tapas plates we ordered. Shri and I being vegetarians, stuck to the mushrooms, spinach, potato tortilla espanola and assorted cheese plate. Even though the quantities were small, we felt pretty full after a few rounds of tapas. I have to say that the check was rather inexpensive despite all the quaffing and hogging we did.

BTW, I took special permission from Sonya to give away her secret place on my blog :) Hope you enjoy this place as much as I did.

33 Crosby St
Bet. Broome & Grand Sts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home